It’s inevitable when your bestie finally (it’s been a long engagement) sets a date and your asked to be Maid of Honor that planning fever sets in! I actually think I’m more excited than her – but that’s because I get to help plan a wedding all over again, it certainly wasn’t all smiles when I planned my own and you can read about that on Engaged? Why your planning needs a plan
Now the big days September 2018 – not long at all (9 Months! Ekk) and the couple have already chosen and booked their venue but that it! what about the other weddinphernalia? There’s still so much to do!
So join us and follow our exciting journey as we delve into the depths of wedding planning through the highs and lows for those hidden gems, hilarious outtakes and of course some of the best DIY’ing tricks we’ve come across
We can’t wait to share our planning journey with you
Weddings are a source of excitement and enjoy, admittedly there may be tense moments, families are a rich and diverse collection of people and on occasion may not blend together, but on the whole its against the grain to think that for some their wedding day just doesn’t conjure up quite the same thoughts of eternal elation.
The thought of posing in countless positions for photographs, to speaking in public about their undying love is enough to bring about a cold sweat and thoughts of eloping or in extreme conditions ‘calling it off’! Even the most confident bride can experience a wobble and may need alittle help to channel the beauty from within, because yes brides to be… you are all beautiful.
So whether you need a pep talk to get you going or to talk through how to stand or pose for the best pictures we have the experts on hand to help.
Two such ladies who understand the pressures of wedding planning and more importantly women are Susie Mackie and Dawn Swinley.
Susie Mackie is a wedding photographer who is passionate about photographing people. However Susie’s passionate goes deeper than just capturing your perfect day. Recognizing a need that some Brides needed a little boost she created My Sensuality – a boudoir experience that she originally created for brides to be which revealed the beauty within, whilst giving brides an experience that they found liberating, confidence building, empowering and fun! For some it has changed their lives forever, and for others they simply see themselves as others do – beautiful.
My style is timeless, emotional, and genuine; I capture your natural sensuality revealed through your eyes and body language, talking you through your poses and enabling you to feel truly liberated. To me, people are unique “living art” – the texture and tone, character and curve – and I celebrate this through my imagery.
My mission is to give you the confidence to feel good about all of you – from the inside out! If a very brief encounter with Penny and me at a My Sensuality shoot can empower you to feel good about yourself and love your images, then we have achieved what we set out to do!
Dawn Swinly is a nutrition and wellness coach , her business Mode-De-Vie provides a variety of solution’s to today’s modern women’s issues and her aim is to help you enjoy all that life can offer without you being burdened with unattractive and unnecessary body fat or health issues that drain your energy, ruin your looks and diminish your self-confidence.
‘Many people don’t understand the power of nutrition and its impact on their mind, body and spirit. Or they think to be healthy, you have to live on rabbit food or starve yourself or not enjoy any treats. No Faddy Diets or Finger Pointing Here. What you will get is someone who is a qualified Nutritionist who understands what you need to feel amazing and it’s not starving yourself, being scolded or trying to sell you the next “Magic Bullet” to being slim.
So what have these two fabulous ladies who understand women been up to? and more importantly how can they help you!
They bring you – Complete Bridal Confidence
The ultimate in boosting your Bridal confidence by dedicated experts in a relaxed, warm environment with of course complementary fizz. Helping you to look and feel fabulous both inside and out and allow the best possible version of you shine.
Susie and Dawn will be introducing their amazing new concept CBC – Complete Bridal Confidence on 8th May 2017 at The Greenway Hotel and Spa, Cheltenham.
There support network includes a private Facebook group called Brides United, you can join it HERE. This is a place of sanctuary where you can ask questions, find out information and discuss your wedding with other contributors.
Be sure to join them and enjoy a glass of fizz, soak up invaluable information, ask our experts for advice, and enjoy our short but enlightening presentation when we will outline the concept of CBC – and share a super special offer for the first 5 brides to book a CBC package!
By the time you leave, we are confident that you will be happy in the knowledge that we are all there to hold your hand during your wedding planning, and will help make your dream wedding a reality, because as the L’Oreal adverts say ‘you’re worth it’.
Inspired by a recent issue with a longstanding client over fees Susie Mackie, a professional wedding photographer felt the need to break down actually what was involved in capturing one of the most important days of your life in pictures.
Susie is a romantic, fairyale and timeless portrait and wedding photographer based on Cheltenham and covering the Cotswolds and further afield.
Over to you Susie:
Shared of course with love and goodwill ❤
SO JUST WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR WHEN YOU HIRE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER?
Much of the cost of a photographic image or print produced by a professional photographer has a lot to do with the time, equipment costs, artistic vision and reputation of the photographer not to mention expertise and the usual costs of running a legitimate business.
The cost of TIME:
Approaching it from a time standpoint, let’s imagine that you have hired a photographer who has work that you love. This photographer is traveling an hour to your destination to photograph your session.
Here is an example of a time break down:
• Booking time: 30 minutes to one hour (client contact time + emailing/paperwork)
• Pre-session prep time (30 mins – 1 hour, includes equipment and back up equipment checks)
• One hour travel time to session
• 15-30 minutes prep time at client’s home
• 90 minutes – 2 hours with client photographing subject
• 1 hour travel time from session
• 30 – 45 minutes uploading time from digital cards from camera to computer
• 30 – 45 minutes time spent backing up the original images
• 2 – 5 hours editing time to present you with a diverse gallery of edited images
• 1- 2 hours prep time getting ready/printing orders
• 30 minutes – 1 hour prep time for delivery/posting
• Any additional phone time or time needed for add on ordering, shipment issues, quality issues
• In this example, the time spent per client can range from 13 hours to 17 hours – dependent on the photographer’s level of service. This is time dedicated only to ONE session. When the photographer charges £140 – £370 for the photo shoot (aka SESSION FEE) you are not just paying for the two hours of session time, you are paying the photographer for 12 – 17 hours complete time for your session – that is, the SERVICE.
• The images resulting from the service are the PRODUCT, whether they are digital, prints, canvases, acrylic blocks or any other medium, each of which has a monetary value (notwithstanding the emotional value and the longevity of this – which some might say is priceless).
The COSTS of maintaining a PROFESSIONAL photography business:
• Regarding equipment costs, a good quality professional camera with a selection of good optical quality lenses and digital storage mediums and computer set up can run from £10,000 – £30,000 costs dependent on the photographer.
• Even though you can purchase a really good quality digital SLR for about £2000 there are still other costs related to photography. Most of us have at least 3 cameras.
• A good lens for portrait photography can run from £900 to £2500. Most of us have 5 or more lenses.
• A dependable computer system with software loaded for business and creative usage can run £2500 to £8000 dependent on the photographer. Then come lab costs for specialty products, and professional photo printing equipment, archival inks and paper. Back up costs – external hard drives, cloud computing – we back up our files three times for safety, so if the client loses their images, we DON’T, and can always replace.
• As with other business equipment, deterioration, damage, and replacement must also be factored in.
• Costs of running the business, insurance (not just for equipment, also for personal indemnity and public liability), studio rental/mortgage, vehicular costs, costs of advertising/marketing, costs of sample pieces – all add up and all have to be paid for, just like any other business.
Susie can be found at the following links, I also highly suggest you check out her My Sensuality, she will find the goddess in all of us in this luxurious yet personal shoot that will allow your confidence as well as your beauty to shine through.